Calling all peanut butter, banana, and chocolate lovers! Chunky monkey overnight oats are the make-ahead breakfast you’ll go bananas (or nuts) for!
Chunky Monkey Overnight Oats
Author: Rachel Leung
Recipe type: Breakfast, Vegan, Gluten Free
Serves: 4 servings
- 2 cups oats
- 4 tsp chia seeds
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 cups unsweetened non-dairy milk (we like almond or cashew)
- 4 tsp maple syrup
- 4 bananas, divided
- ¼ cup natural peanut butter (we're team crunchy)
- ¼ cup chocolate chips or cacao nibs
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together oats, chia seeds, cinnamon, milk, and maple syrup.
- Slice up 2 bananas and microwave for 45 to 60 seconds, or until softened. Mash with a fork and stir cooked bananas to the oat mixture.
- Slice up the remaining 2 bananas and set aside.
- Divide the oat mixture evenly between 4 leak-proof containers. Top each with half a sliced banana, 1 tbsp peanut butter, and 1 tbsp of chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 8 hours.
- Enjoy chilled or reheat in the microwave until warm.