Goddess Bowls are my go-to lunches because I can always roast whole load of veggies and whip up a simple dressing the day before. Since summer is near, I’ve decided to share with you one of my all-time favourite light n’ fresh lemon dill tahini dressing!
Currently we are day 3 into our Hawaii travels, and every day has been absolutely magical. We kept ourselves busy going on hikes, visiting farmer’s markets, trying local foods, and splashing around in the clear salty ocean. Being deprived of sun for the past 9 months, we were surprised with how strong the sun was on the island and ended up needing to buy bottles of aloe vera gel to sooth our burnt shoulders. Walmart is a great place for these after-sun essentials (and a whole lot of macadamia nuts and miscellaneous beach snacks).
This tahini lemon dill sauce is super fresh on a summer’s day, and looking back on these photos are making me miss having my own kitchen and whipping up my own meals already! The sauce is creamy without the heaviness of oils because there’s completely no added oils or vegan mayo in the recipe.
Although I miss whipping up my own food, indulging in an abundance of local tropical fruit is just one of my many favourite things about being in the tropics. I can’t wait to spend the next month eating tons of papayas, lillikois, guava, and other yumminess that is Hawaiian fruit. By the time I come home, berry season will be in full swing and I’ll end up ingesting buckets and buckets of blueberries.
This goddess bowl is so easy to whip up, especially if you have a cooked grain on hand. You can simply roast the veggies and sauce beforehand and put together the meal in seconds. This is definitely one of my go-to meals because I always have veggies in my fridge to roast, grains in my pantry, and sauce ingredients lying around in my kitchen. The recipe is versatile for any other veggies you happen to have lying around that week just tailor it to your liking!
Tomorrow we will be hitting up Diamond Head crater and going to Happy Hour with the girls. I can’t wait!
- Roasted veggies of your choice*
- 1 c. brown rice, uncooked
- 2 tbsp tahini
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- ½ tsp. dill
- Zest of ½ a lemon
- For the rice: In a medium pot, add the rice along with 2 c. water. Increase heat to high and bring to a low boil. Immediately reduce the heat to medium-low, and cover with a lid. Cook for 20-25 minutes, until the water is absorbed and the rice is fluffy. Remove the lid and season the rice with salt and pepper.
- For the dressing: Add all the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Assembly: Put rice into a bowl, add on roasted veggies, and drizzle on the dressing!